International Tea Day - what a wonderful opportunity to promote wellness as you take care of yourself and your near and dear ones! Nothing screams ‘warmth’ quite like tea. As a way of showing your deep appreciation to yourself and your family , offer yourself a warm and comforting cup of Herbal tea. Now, there are so many Herbal teas to choose from. We have put together a curated list of flavours, each a unique blend !
Care for yourself and your family by selecting these healthy yet delicious brews either as a breakfast in bed or as a soothing evening drink. Either way, it is bound to make you happy!
1. Chamomile tea, a soothing brew for the ones who’ve been there for you
Chamomile tea is made from dried chamomile flowers and has a delicate floral flavour. It is known for its calming and soothing properties, making it an excellent choice for you as you surely deserve a moment to relax and unwind. Chamomile tea is also believed to have anti- inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which can help reduce inflammation and promote overall health.
2. Rose tea, a sweet and tangy way to show appreciation for the near and dear ones who have always been there for you!
A rose bouquet is a common gift given on any special occasion, but you deserve much more than roses. Rose tea is good because it is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, which can support your immune system and overall health. It is also believed to have anti- inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation and pain. In addition, the fruity and tangy flavour of rose tea can provide a refreshing and soothing experience.
3. Lemon honey tea, a warm and comforting hug in a cup
Lemon Tea is a citrusy and sweet herbal tea filled with Vitamin C and antioxidants. Honey is a great alternative for processed sugar and is packed with health benefits, it is so good for the skin and provides instant energy. This is what every individual craves for and thus makes for a wonderful drink on this special day.
4. Lavender tea, a fragrant and calming tea for all those who have always kept you in a peaceful place
A fragrant tea for all those who spread the fragrance of love wherever they go, Lavender tea is ideal for everyone. Lavender tea is delicious with its sweet floral notes, it is also effective in calming and soothing the nerves, making it an ideal caffeine free drink for everyone who are always on the run.
5. Turmeric tea, a vibrant and healthful tribute to the one who's always looked out for my well- being
Turmeric, hands down, is the spice loved by every Indian across the country. A sniffle or a cough, you might have been given a soup or kadha with turmeric in it. What better way to appreciate this ancient remedy with a mug of fragrant spicy turmeric tea? Turmeric has anti- inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. It is known for improving the immunity and boosting the energy, isn’t it what each one of us needs?
Now that you know some of the best herbal flavours you could handpick for yourself :
1. Choose the flavour: Select what you would quite enjoy .
2. Brew the tea: Steep the tea leaves (or tea bag) in boiling water, strain the tea leaves, follow the recommended time for brewing, strain and add sweetener of choice (if needed)
3. Set the ambience: Create an inviting atmosphere for your family and yourself to relax and enjoy a cup of tea. Play your favourite music.
4. Share your gratitude: This is the most important part of the process. Tell your family how much you love and care for everyone. Recollect the fond memories you have of them and let them know how much they mean to you. It is so important to honour the people who have been right there for you. Do all of this with a smile. It makes a lot of difference.
Each of these herbal teas are healthy and delicious and carry a message your love and appreciation. Your act of service will be an icing on the cake! Your family will remember it for years to come. Have a wonderful International Tea Day!