Navratri is a time of the year when the air is filled with festive vibes! This auspicious nine-day festival is not just about dancing to dandiya beats and wearing colorful attire but also about fasting. It is a Hindu festival dedicated to the goddess Durga, and fasting during Navratri holds great significance. Fasting is not just a way of restraining the body from food but also a way of nourishing our bodies and souls. And you would be surprised to know that a warm cup of black tea, tulsi tea or any tea is a delightful way to support and nourish your body during fasting.
In this post, Octavius Tea will offer you a cup of bliss packed with flavors to support you during this sacred period of Navratri.
Understanding Navratri Fasting
Devotees observe fasting to seek blessings from Goddess Durga. They abstain from consuming rice and wheat flour, tamsik food items like onions and garlic, and non-vegetarian food. Fasting practices are individual preferences. Some opt for complete fasting, while others consume fruits, dairy and dairy products, buckwheat flour, and water chestnut flour. It’s a time to connect with the divine and practice self-purification.
Benefits of Tea During Navratri Fasting
Tea, whether it's tulsi tea, black tea, or green tea, offers several benefits during Navratri fasting.
1. Hydration: When you are abstaining from meals, your body requires hydration from other sources. The best way is to have a cup of tea, which will ensure you stay hydrated and don’t feel weak or dizzy.
2. Digestive Aid: Fasting most often leads to digestive discomfort, so have a cup of tea with ingredients that are known to soothe your stomach. Ginger tea should be your choice. Opt for Octavius’s ginger chai instant premix.
3. Energy Boost: With no food intake, fasting drops your energy levels. Sip a cup of black tea or masala chai that is loaded with spices like cardamom, cinnamom, and ginger. These ingredients are known for giving an instant boost of energy.
4. Weight Management: Along with self-purification and seeking blessings, Navratri fasting is the best way to manage weight. A cup of green tea, with its metabolism-boosting properties, can support your weight management goals.
5. Detoxification: Fasting is an excellent method to detoxify your body. Green tea or an herbal blend with tulsi tea flushes out toxins from your body, leaving you feeling refreshed. Octavius’s green tea concoction is sweet and flavorful, unlike the bitterness that you often associate with green tea.
Tea Recipes for Navratri Fasting
Octavius’s high-quality black tea, green tea, and herbal tea blends are your companions to nourish your body during Navratri fasting. Try these delightful tea recipes to add a touch of warmth and rejuvenation.
Spiced Herbal Tea
How about starting your fasting day with a cup of Spiced Turmeric Herbal Pyramid Tea Bags? Just pour boiling water over the tea bag and savor the citrusy herbal tea. This concoction of turmeric with cardamom, cloves, black pepper and ashwagandha is a magical blend. It will energize and rejuvenate you, ease stress and support weight loss.
Mint and Lemon Green Tea
This refreshing lemony ginger mint green tea blend is the perfect cup to beat the Navratri heat. Steep the green tea, and after it cools down, add ice cubes. Doesn’t that sound cool? A revitalizing iced ginger tea to keep you hydrated throughout the fasting day! It will energize your body and mind, help with digestion, and be effective in weight loss.
Fruity Iced Tea Delight
Yet another thirst-quenching iced tea to keep you hydrated and energized. Brew black tea, let it cool, and then add ice cubes or chilled water. Add slices of apple, orange, pomegranate or your favorite fruit. The sweet, woody aroma and robust flavor of black tea, along with the sweet notes of fruits, will give you a boost during your fasting days.
Octavius Ayur Chai is the perfect brew to keep you refreshed. Say goodbye to the tiredness of fasting. This black tea is a premium blend of eight powerful herbs and spices - tulsi, dried ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, black pepper, star anise and ashwagandha. The sweet and spicy notes will nourish your body and support your immune system.
Octavius’s tea offers you a cup filled with benefits of health and wellness to enhance your spiritual journey.
As you embrace these spiritually enriching practices for nine days, discover the perfect tea to accompany you on your Navratri fast. Take care of your body and mind with a soothing cup of green or ginger tea. Sip your way to wellness with devotion and celebration
Wishing you a blessed Navratri.
Shop now for a wellness tea!